2022 was a breathtaking year!
Six months after completing the work readiness programme. U-turn graduates remain sober, employed and housed.
Our Impact Highlights of 2022
- Total of 5 Homeless Support Centres, serving over 34 000 meals
- NEW Homeless Support Centre, Parow (in partnership with MES)
- NEW Mobile Homeless Support Centre
- NEW Ablution services in partnership with Viva Con Agua, Nina Manzi Wash Bus
- Total of 114 people on rehab-support programme
- 38% increase of clients moving from P2 to P3 Mobile
- 45 spaces available on rehab support every 4 months
- Total of 125 people on work-readiness programme
- NEW Personal development sites in Cape Town (Bellville & Observatory)
- NEW Diversified work oppourtunities acquiring a construction company Buildback and plant nursery Livingroots
- NEW Partnered with CompuTutor to provide SETA accredited computer skills
- Over 80% Graduate success rate
- NEW Structured internship programme to improve smooth exit process from programme
- NEW Graduate support group facilitated by U-turn graduates
- NEW Social housing partnerships developed with Conradie Park and Madulammoho Housing Association
Inspiring Stories of Impact
Social Enterprises provide on-the-job training for our phase 3 work-readiness Champions, along with continued stipends, shelter, food, transport, life skills, therapy and relapse prevention.
In the last 12 months, U-turn has had over 100 000 enagements with the homeless community. Moreover was rewarded MTN & Trialogue advanced monitoring and evaluation practices 2022.
U-turn is registered as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) under section 18A of the income Tax Act. Donations to U-turn are tax-deductable. See below our 2022 Annual report and previous years.